Replace key fob battery
Over the past week, the light on the instrument cluster warning me to replace the key fob battery has been coming on. So today I purchased a CR2025 coin cell battery and took the key fob apart.
It’s a DIY job and doesn’t require a trip to your dealer –
- Remove the auxiliary key from the fob.
- Separate the two halves of the fob with a small flat head screwdriver.
- Remove the circular battery cap being careful not to damage the rubber ring underneath.
- Remove the old battery and replace with new one (+ side facing up).
- Replace the battery cap.
- Snap the fob back together.
- Replace the auxiliary key.